• Maritime is the area where the firm is particularly strong and has the longest tradition and experience. In the area of advisory services and litigation the practice of the firm relates to all aspects of maritime law, including admiralty, salvage, towage, collision, charterparties, carriage by sea, bills of lading, cargo claims, personal injury, and marine insurance. The services include advice and litigation (both as plaintiffs or defendants), including arrest of ships and arbitration, enforced sale of ships, and maritime liens.
• The corporate aspects of maritime practice include incorporation and servicing of maritime companies (Greek or foreign, including Liberian, Panamanian, Marshall Islands, Cypriot Maltese and others), sale and purchase of ships, ship financing, ship mortgages, and ship registration under Greek flag or other flags (Cyprus, Malta, Liberia, Panama, Marshall Islands, Bahamas and others).
• Also reference should be made to the extensive experience of the firm in advising on charter parties and shipbuilding contracts (bulk carriers, tankers, passenger ships, ferries, cruise ships, fast ships/catamaran, etc.).
• The international directory Chambers Global has named the law firm and Gregory J. Timagenis "a premier firm", "big name", "straight out of the top layer", and The European Legal 500 as "the guru in shipping law", "an excellent name in shipping". See our page on Testimonials .
• The firm has acted on a regular or ad hoc basis for almost every mutual assurance association (Club) and on a regular basis for 25 years for Hellenic Mutual War Risks Association Ltd., insurance companies (mainly London based), for Lloyd's brokers, shipyards (Hellenic Shipyards, Elefsis Shipyards, Sasebo Heavy Industries-Japan) as well as for major, medium size or smaller ship owners of ocean going or coastal cargo ships (bulk carriers, tankers or other specialized cargo ships), passenger ships, ferries, cruise ships and high-speed.